Saint Joseph School (SJS) educates in the spirit of the Gospel, inspiring Catholic values, academic excellence, global awareness and service to those in need.
SJS is seeking a full-time first-grade teacher aide to begin Jan. 3, 2024, as well as a part-time aide who can work 20-25 hours per week.
The aides promote academic and social behaviors in children in a developmentally appropriate manner and support the classroom teacher. The ideal candidates would embrace the SJS mission and are looking for a place in which to be respected and supported.
Both positions pay $13 per hour. The hours for the part-time position are 8 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday.
- Establish a safe and supportive environment that is conducive to learning
- Provide one-on-one attention to students who need additional support with their studies
- Follow the classroom teacher’s directions in completing tasks
- Provide academic support through small groups or one-on-one instruction as needed
- Work with the teacher to create a learning environment that encourages student interest and engagement
- Help children with their daily needs, including taking them to the bathroom and monitoring lunch and recess
- Help children understand the rules and routines of the classroom and school through modeling appropriate behavior
- Encourage social interaction and emotional development through activities such as arts and crafts, playtime and circle time
- Participate in staff events, as needed
- Observe students to identify behavioral issues that might require intervention by the teacher or principal
- High school diploma
- Experience caring for children preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with students, peers, administrators and parents
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication
- Basic computer, copier and two-way radio skills or willingness to learn them
Please email a letter of introduction and résumé to Principal Maria Byrd at email@example.com.